Advanced Spanish II
1. In-depth review of grammatical structures in context.
2. Study of vocabulary and stylistic nuances.
3. Culture through the works of Spanish-speaking writers and artists.
4. Writing different types of texts, such as summaries, narratives and argumentative essays.
5. Practicing oral tasks such as supporting an opinion, defending a point of view and discussing abstract topics.
Class activities may include: practice of syntactic and lexical structures, discussion of readings and audio-visual materials, written work and oral presentations.
Conversation practice in small groups with a Native Language Assistant.
Written Evaluations 60%
May include but are not limited to grammar, writing and reading comprehension exercises, chapter tests, paragraph writing, compositions, short essays, written homework, preparation, final written exam
Oral Evaluations 40%
May include but are not limited to oral tests, oral presentations and discussions, conversation lab, preparation, class participation, final oral exam
No single evaluation will be worth more than 20%.
The student will be expected to demonstrate proficiency in Spanish at the advanced level in:
1. Reading comprehension of unedited literary and non-literary writings, including complete works.
2. Oral expression: supporting an opinion, defending a point of view, discussing abstract topics.
3. Written expression: summaries, narratives, descriptions, expressing an opinion, comparative and contrasting analysis of syntactical and lexical features in the language.
Literary and nonfiction texts to be selected by the instructor, e.g., short novels, drama and/or an anthology.
An advanced-level Spanish textbook such as (but not limited to) the current edition of Maria Canteli Dominicis. Repase y escriba: Curso avanzado de gramática y composición. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
MODL 3351 (Minimum Grade of C) or Assessment (see calendar)
Course Guidelines for previous years are viewable by selecting the version desired. If you took this course and do not see a listing for the starting semester / year of the course, consider the previous version as the applicable version.
These are for current course guidelines only. For a full list of archived courses please see https://www.bctransferguide.ca
|Institution||Transfer Details for MODL 3352|
|Athabasca University (AU)||AU SPAN 4XX (3)|
|Coast Mountain College (CMTN)||No credit|
|College of the Rockies (COTR)||COTR SPAN 3XX (3)|
|Northern Lights College (NLC)||No credit|
|Okanagan College (OC)||No credit|
|Simon Fraser University (SFU)||SFU SPAN 303 (3)|
|Thompson Rivers University (TRU)||TRU SPAN 3XXX (3)|
|University Canada West (UCW)||No credit|
|University of British Columbia - Vancouver (UBCV)||UBCV SPAN 301 (3)|
|University of Northern BC (UNBC)||UNBC INTS 3XX (3)|
|University of Victoria (UVIC)||UVIC SPAN 350A (1.5)|