Employment Support Specialty: Selected Topics
The following global ideas guide the design and delivery of this course:
- Demonstrating the ability to analyze real life issues that relate to employment supports and disability/barrier interests
- Assess current and emerging trends in areas of interest
- Apply theoretical concepts to issues in the field
- Demonstrating and breadth and depth of understanding of a specific area of interest that relates to employment supports. Examples of areas of interest for further research might include but not limited to
- Funding models
- Modifications and adaptations
- Disability Management
- Fidelity Scale
- Social Enterprise
- Transition Planning
- Explore specific application to own field of interest :
- Create a portfolio of learning
- Create a learning tool that can be used in practice
- Create a learning object that can be used in practice
- Complete a practical experience
- Case studies
- Problem-based learning
- Guest speakers
- Reading Groups
This course will conform to Douglas College policy regarding the number and weighting of evaluations. Typical means of evaluation would include a combination of:
- Online contribution
- Case studies
- Learning object development
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Assess, analyze and apply problem-solving to employment supports, disability management and disability/barrier related issues in the context of professional and ethical guidelines.
- Apply and produce real-life employment supports and disability/barrier related strategies that are applicable across the lifespan.
- Research specific practice or areas of interest that relate to the employment supports and disability/barrier field.
- Synthesize and apply knowledge of field of study
Textbooks and Materials to be Purchased by Students:
Individually assigned readings and/or books
With permission of instructor
No corequisite courses.
No equivalent courses.
Course Guidelines for previous years are viewable by selecting the version desired. If you took this course and do not see a listing for the starting semester / year of the course, consider the previous version as the applicable version.
These are for current course guidelines only. For a full list of archived courses please see https://www.bctransferguide.ca
|Institution||Transfer Details for DACS 5133|
|Athabasca University (AU)||AU HSRV 2XX (3)|
|Kwantlen Polytechnic University (KPU)||KPU ARTS 3XXX (3)|
|Simon Fraser University (SFU)||No credit|
|Thompson Rivers University (TRU)||No credit|
|University of British Columbia - Okanagan (UBCO)||No credit|
|University of British Columbia - Vancouver (UBCV)||UBCV EPSE 4th (3)|
|University of Northern BC (UNBC)||No credit|
|University of the Fraser Valley (UFV)||UFV ADED 3XX (3)|
|University of Victoria (UVIC)||UVIC HLTH 3XX (1.5)|