Now hiring for Fall 2021 Orientation
Want to flex your leadership muscles by assisting in planning a large scale event? Interested in helping create memorable experience for new Douglas College students? Then this could be the summer job for you!
The selected candidates will be responsible for the creating, planning, and hosting Orientation events in cooperation with the Student Life Coordinator and other campus partners. This includes:
- Mentoring new students and answering their questions in the Kickstart to college program
- Assisting with recruiting, training, and managing volunteers for events
- Providing support and guidance to volunteers during events
- Overseeing event registration and participant communication
- Planning and hosting weekly meetings with interactive activities for Friday Hangouts
- Working collaboratively with College partners to make engaging content for Friday Hangouts
- Be flexible with working online as well as in person
The ideal candidate(s):
- Has been involved on campus (e.g. in a club or student group, has volunteered or worked as a student assistant)
- Has a strong knowledge of campus resources and supports
- Has volunteered or been a Leader for Orientation and/or the EDGE
- Has some experience or knowledge in event planning
- Has excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Has the ability to deal with issues with maturity and thoughtfulness as they arise
- Is detailed-oriented, organized, and creative
- Is committed to inclusion and is culturally sensitive to the unique challenges of diverse student groups
The selected candidate(s) must be a Douglas College student taking classes and available to work from May 2021 - December 2021 with mandatory Friday afternoon availability from September – December.
If you are interested in this position please send your Resume and Cover Letter explaining why you would be a good candidate for the position to the Douglas College Orientation email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application closes April 30, 2021.