Strong Start: New Student Orientation
On April 13, 2021, you will be able to enroll for online orientation in Blackboard; learn everything you need to know about being a new student.
Strong Start Here: Welcome to Douglas College is a self-paced, self-enrolled course that lives right in your Blackboard. Learn about Douglas College, how to be a successful student and all the college essentials, such as how to access your online classes and services like peer tutoring, and how to get your student ID. Plus, discover how you can stay healthy with fitness classes and wellness events, and how you can contribute to the College community.
We want everyone to be able to participate in orientation. If you have questions about accessibility or accommodation requests, please email email@example.com so we can meet your needs.
We’ll also be hosting a live workshop that is designed to set you up for success during your studies at Douglas College. This workshop will be hosted on Zoom and registration is required to attend.
Check out more information below!
Strong Start Workshops
VIRTUAL OFFICE HOURS
If you have questions about the upcoming Summer Semester, connect with a member of the Student Life Team via Zoom during one of the following drop-in sessions!
Dates & Times –
- Wednesday, April 14 – 6PM to 8PM
- Monday, April 19 – 12PM to 2PM
- Wednesday, April 21 – 6PM to 8PM
- Monday, April 26 – 12PM to 2PM
- Wednesday, April 28 – 6PM to 8PM
- Monday, May 3 – 12PM to 2PM
- Wednesday, May 5 – 6PM to 8PM
- Monday, May 10 – 12PM to 2PM
- Tuesday, May 11 – 12PM to 2PM
- Wednesday, May 12 – 6PM to 8PM
- Thursday, May 13 – 12PM to 2PM
- Monday, May 17 – 12PM to 2PM
- Wednesday, May 19 – 6PM to 8PM
DOWNLOAD ZOOM TO ATTEND
In order to participate and attend the drop-in session you will need to download and install Zoom on a laptop, smartphone, or tablet. It's free and will be used in throughout Friday Hangouts programming, etc.
Step 1 - Download and install Zoom
Step 2 - Register for Strong Start Workshops
Step 3 - Attend the Strong Start Workshops