The Community Builder Prize was established to recognize students who demonstrate the ability to build community through in initiatives or projects. This award celebrates students who are committed to making a difference in their community. Leadership can be found in many different areas of a student's life and this award is meant to applaud those achievements. The Community Builder of the Year recipient will have dedicated their time to a cause (or many) that speak to them had a positive impact on others through their work.
These are monetary awards that are dependent on the number of winners per year. In the past the award amount has ranged from $250 to $500 per student.
- Have completed, or be working on a community building initiative or project within the community.
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to mentor fellow students.
- Be enrolled in a minimum of nine credits in any program within any Faculty. Students recognized by Accessibility Services with modified course requirements may be considered with a minimum of 6 credits.
- Has a minimum 2.67 College grade point average.
- Nominations open February 10, 2020 and will close March 20, 2020