Get experience through work and leadership opportunities, all while studying. We offer on-campus jobs as well as workshops, retreats and conferences where you can build self-confidence and learn and practise skills employers are looking for, such as effective communication and problem solving.
From retreats to workshops to conferences, we want you to flex your leadership muscle! Were you a leader in high school and want to continue that role in College? Or are you a returning student who sees the value in learning about leadership before going out into the workplace instead of waiting to learn once you get there? Gaining leadership skills during your time at Douglas will give you additional, valuable skills that employers are looking for such as: effective communication, problem solving and showing commitment. We want to work with you to challenge yourself and seek out new opportunities you may have never realized you could have while at Douglas.
Check back for upcoming events!
For special workshop requests, please contact Erica McKeddie
Work For Student Life
Student Assistant Wellness Leader
Do you have a passion for health and well-being? Do you want to learn about mental health, eating healthy, stress management, exercise and more? Do you want to promote wellness among your peers and support student health-related programs at Douglas? Student Life is looking for a Student Assistant Wellness Leader for Fall 2020!
- Assist the Wellness Coordinator in the design and development of health promotional materials
- Assist with student health and wellness-related programming on campus
- Attend mandatory training sessions, weekly check-in meetings and Student Wellness Awareness Team (S.W.A.T) meetings
- Provide S.W.A.T program planning, events and student leadership support
To Be a Successful Candidate:
- Have a passion for wellness and/or living a healthy lifestyle
- Have an open mind to cultures, practices and sexual orientations different from your own
- Have excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
- Is committed to equity, inclusion and is culturally sensitive to the unique challenges of diverse student groups
- Has experience working in the field of health and wellness (desired)
- Has leadership experience and/or experience in event planning (desired)
Important Information: Applications and Deadlines
- Applications are open July 27, 2020 and will close on August 7, 2020 at 5:00pm. Please make sure you submit your complete application before the close date/time. An up-to-date resume and cover letter are required with your application for this positio
- Only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- House of work: up to a maximum of 20 hours/week
- This is a remote position for Fall 2020; all work duties will be performed virtually including meetings online. Applicants must have consistent access to WiFi and a reliable computer.
- This position is for September 8, 2020 - December 16, 2020 (with renewal possibilities at the end of semester)
- If this sounds like the right fit for you, and you'd like to apply for the Student Assistant Wellness Leader position, please click HERE
Student Leadership Awards
The Student Leadership Awards selection committee has chosen the winners for 2020!
DOUGLAS COLLEGE RESEARCH DAY
Douglas College Research Day is a great opportunity for students to showcase their hard work and discoveries, from an individual or group research project. Students create an interactive booth with their research displayed on a poster board. There are cash prizes to be won, as well as the opportunity to hone presentation and public speaking skills.
Research Day 2020 was cancelled as an in-person event, however we were please to still receive some amazing online entires from the following departments:
- Child, Family and Community Studies
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Sciences and Technology
Student research work can be found in the DOOR (Douglas Open Repository) on the Library site.
We also received video submissions which you can view below:
Thank you so much to everyone who participated in this year's event - we are looking forward to Research Day 2021!