The purposes of the Douglas College Alumni Association are:
- To foster and maintain a lifelong relationship between the members of the Douglas College community and its graduates.
- To promote the highest standards of academic education, training, development, scholarship and continuing education for students and graduates of Douglas College.
- To raise funds to financially assist Douglas College students and graduates to achieve their goals; to recognize the contributions of outstanding students, alumni, faculty, staff and administrators to the College and community; to assist in the development of Douglas College.
- To provide services to members through: the organization of education, recreational, social and professional development activities; the regular publication of a newsletter; and the provision of access to on-campus facilities.
- To foster and encourage continuing liaison and good relations between the Association, the Douglas College Board, the Douglas College Foundation Board, students, faculty, staff, administration and any other relevant external organizations the association may encounter.