Get an EDGE up on your Douglas College student experience! Make new friends and get connected in this exhilarating, action-packed, multi-day orientation event for new students.
Join us for a fusion of intramural sports, team activities, paint slides, and dance-offs! You and your team will take on unique challenges that test your wits, team spirit and coordination - all while building your new community at Douglas!
Stay tuned for information on EDGE 2017!
We’re looking for experienced student leaders to help us plan The EDGE 2017!
Want to flex your leadership skills by planning a large scale event? Interested in helping create memorable experience for new Douglas College students? Then this might be the summer job for you!
EDGE 2017 Lead Planner
The selected candidates will be responsible for the coordination, logistics, and programming for The EDGE in cooperation with the Student Engagement coordinator and other campus partners. This includes:
- Creating event goals and programming through consultation with students and campus partners
- Creating an event budget and tracking spending and costs
- Coordinating supplies, facilities bookings, and catering
- Assisting with recruiting, training, and managing volunteers
- Assisting with recruiting, interviewing, selecting, and training Orientation EDGE Leaders. Providing support and guidance to EDGE leaders during the event.
- Overseeing event registration and participant communication. Working with marketing, social media team, and our graphic designer to create an event marketing plan.
- Supervising Orientation-Edge leaders, volunteers, and participants during the event. Dealing with issues with maturity and thoughtfulness as they arise.
The ideal candidate(s):
- Has been involved on campus (e.g.; is in a club or student group, has volunteered or worked as a student assistant).
- Has a strong knowledge of campus resources and supports
- Has volunteered or been a Leader for The EDGE or New Student Orientation
- Has some experience or knowledge in event planning
- Has excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills
- Is detailed-oriented, organized, and creative
- Is committed to inclusion and is culturally sensitive to the unique challenges of diverse student groups
The selected candidate(s) must be available to work from May-September, 2017. They must be available for the event on September 7-9, 2017.
Apply here by April 12! Interviews April 18-28. Questions? Email Samantha Berbeck at email@example.com
The selected candidate must also formally apply to the Student Engagement--Student Assistant job posting through the Douglas College Careers website, and meet all Student Assistant eligibility criteria: https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/applicants/jsp/shared/position/JobDetails_css.jsp?postingId=153761