Douglas College > Student Life > Get Involved - Student Life > Volunteer On Campus
*Douglas College Staff and Faculty members, please scroll to the bottom of the page for information on requesting volunteers.
At Douglas, there are many opportunities for students to get involved and contribute to the College community. Volunteering allows students to get hands-on experience working with different Faculties and Services around the College.
To become a volunteer, you must attend a mandatory training session. We will announce additional training dates soon.
For more information about volunteering at Douglas College send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or check out our FAQ's below.
The volunteer team is a group of students who want to get involved and make connections on campus through volunteering.
Who am I volunteering for?
Students are given the opportunity to volunteer with various departments and services around the College. Training is facilitated by the Student Life Department.
What are the volunteer opportunities?
You will often be “tabling,” which means that you will work at a table and interact with students who come by, giving information about the department you are volunteering for. There are also other opportunities available such as volunteering during New Student Orientation and Welcome Week.
Can I use you for mandatory volunteer class hours, or as a reference?
Unfortunately, it is unlikely that involvement in the Volunteer Team will provide you with an opportunity to fulfill required class hours and/or provide you with a reference. Volunteers are not guaranteed set hours, and most often opportunities are for single one-time events. However, students who do volunteer will get the benefit of meeting new people and expanding their network, gaining new skills, and making a greater connection to the college.
How do I become a volunteer?
To become a volunteer you must attend a mandatory training session. Training is held at the beginning of the winter and fall semesters. Please check back closer to the date to sign up for a training session.
1. The Douglas College volunteer team has been trained to volunteer on campus only and are not available for off campus events.
2. Looking for a volunteer(s) for an event on campus? Please fill out this FORM and we will contact you with further details.
3. To ensure that volunteers have enoigh time to respond please fill out the form two weeks prior to the event date.
4. Once the form is completed, volunteers will be directed to email you, letting you know the times they are available to volunteer for the event.
5. If you require volunteers to have any additional training for the event, that training is the responsibility of the host department.