Drop-In Recreation / Intramurals
Intramurals are a great way to stay active, meet new friends, build campus community, and try a variety of new sports. This summer join us for Beach Volleyball at Pier Park Sand volleyball courts, details below.
BEACH VOLLEYBALL LEAGUE!
Pier Park Sand Volleyball Courts (New Westminster Quay)
It's time to celebrate summer! Put those sunnies on, take off your shoes and dive into the sand.
Teams can consist of students, employees and friends. Register a team now and enjoy the 5-week league just steps away from the New Westminster campus. All levels of player are welcome!
If volleyball isn't your scene, come out anyways and enjoy the sunshine while taking in some games! We'll have lots of fun and we'll be serving mocktails (first come, first served and no alcohol is permitted.)
- Date: Wednesdays from June 12 - July 10
- Time: Games will be played between 3:30pm - 7:30pm
League Guidelines --
- Minimum 6 players per team, 4 must either be Douglas College students or employees. A maximum of 2 people per team may be non-Douglas College students/employees.
- 2 females must be on the court at all times.
- 3 sets per game (25 points per set,) with "Best of 3" sets -- 40 minutes given for each game.
- Each team will play 2 games per night.
- There may be a wait time of 45 minutes between games for two - three teams each week depending on the schedule so come prepared to hang out.
- Team Registration is "first come, first served" -- teams that sign up first will be given priority, so make sure to sign-up before the league is full!
- Douglas College Code of Conduct applies. Please see A 10.02.02 Standards of Students/User Conduct on the DC website to familiarize yourself.
- Absolutely no alcohol/drug use is permitted in the park.
- Zero tolerance for violence, harassment and/or threats.
- Please wear appropriate clothing (shorts/shirts).
- Please bring water, snacks and sunscreen for rest periods. The college will not provide these items.
Questions? E-mail Stephanie at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please follow us on Facebook/Instagram for updates regarding the weekly sport, open gym times and tournaments.
Facebook: Douglas College Student Life
Beach Volleyball will be the only intramural for the summer semester. Please look back closer to fall to see additional intramural opportunities at the Coquitlam and New West campuses.
New Westminster Campus
Our New Westminster gymnasium is in high demand, however, when there is a cancellation and the gym looks to be free drop-in sports are always welcome.
Please check the New Westminster gymnasium schedule for availability.
Equipment can be booked out from the front desk of the Fitness Centre (N1315)
NWC Winter Intramurals Schedule 2019
We'll have more Intramural dates/events in the Fall -- stay tuned as we post Open Gym dates throughout the Summer.
All Coquitlam campus intramurals are offered at the Pinetree Community Centre (right next door to the campus) in Gym 3. Be sure to bring your student ID card and proof of current class registration for a free membership to the community centre.
Questions? E-mail the Recreation & Wellness Coordinator
Stay connected with us on Facebook: Douglas College Student Life