Douglas College > Student Life > Get Experience > Research Day
DOUGLAS COLLEGE RESEARCH DAY
Douglas College Research Day is a great opportunity for students to showcase their hard work and discoveries, from an individual or group research project. Students create an interactive booth with their research displayed on a poster board. There are cash prizes to be won, as well as the opportunity to hone presentation and public speaking skills.
Registration is now open! Click HERE
**Special Notice Regarding Research Day 2020**
As with the cancellation of classes on campus, we are also having to make decisions to cancel/postpone many of the events that were planned for the remainder of the semester.
Research Day 2020 is being cancelled as an in-person event, however we are hoping to still showcase the amazing work you are all doing!
We are encouraging students to still participate by registering for the event and then sending us your poster and abstract. You will then have the opportunity to have your work posted on the Library DOOR research site. This is a great opportunity for you to showcase your work to your peers as well as faculty and administrators.
We also welcome anyone who wants to send us a short video of you "presenting" your poster -- and will share it out on our social channels! (IGTV & Facebook)
Research Day Video Guidelines for Social Media:
1. Please choose a quiet space with good lighting to film your video submission
2. Please keep it under 5 minutes (we want to maximize the number of people to watch it, and videos longer than 5 minutes tend to have less viewers)
3. If your phone is far away from you during filming, make sure to speak loud and clearly so the audio gets picked up
4. Please say your name at the beginning of the video and give a brief introduction on what your project is about
5. When emailing the video please include a short synopsis of your presentation that can be used in the video description
6. Please email your videos to:
If you have any questions about the event, email Erica at: email@example.com
Looking for tips to put your research poster together?
The Library has a great website that can give you some tips and tricks to get started. Click HERE!
Congratulations to the 2019 Research Day Winners:
1st Place: "Dealing Out The Truth: The Perceived Benefits of Playing Card Games in Older Adults" / Sarah Gomes
2nd Place: "Building Resilience Through Trail Running: A Gender Perspective" / Selene Lincoln
2nd Place: "Play in Therapeutic Recreation With Adults" / Kiara Shibley
3rd Place: "Defining Leisure From The Perspective of Working Women" / Bethany Dueck
You can check out these projects as well as other great research done by students in the Library's DOOR page - HERE
Research Day Rubric Card