Through the financial support and generosity of RBC’s Future Launch initiative, Douglas College's Training Group will now have the ability to augment their long-running Self-Employment program to specifically focus on and develop young entrepreneurs through the Young Entrepreneur Program.
Program participants must meet the following criteria:
- 15-29 years of age
- Have a new business idea or own an existing business
- Be motivated and committed to becoming successful
Customized to meet your needs!
Key Topics include:
- Business planning support
- Sales and marketing
- Accounting and financial planning
Participants will qualify for one of the following phases
Phase One | Concept Validation and Planning
This phase is best suited for individuals that have a new business idea or area of passion to develop into a profitable business.
Phase One Participants will:
- Be assigned a dedicated business consultant
- Create a customized road-map for business launch
- Complete detailed market research
- Evaluate financial viability of concept
- Learn the importance of a comprehensive business plan
- Have access to topic-specific classroom sessions
Phase Two | Strategic Planning
This phase is best suited for individuals that have an existing business looking to expand through sales and marketing, operational improvements or financial management.
Phase 2 participants will receive:
•a dedicated business consultant •support to create a strategic plan •new sales and marketing strategies •financial and operational review •specific classroom sessions.