The Essential Skills Practitioner Training (ESPT) Certificate Program is a unique six course program offered through online and face-to-face or hybrid formats.
Who is it for?
Educators, Career Practitioners & Employment Counsellors, ESL Instructors, Human Resource Professionals and Employers
What will I learn?
The ESPT program is designed to assist individuals to integrate HRSDC’s task based Essential Skills into the work that they do with learners. The courses help workers to understand and interpret Essential Skills Assessments and how to design activities that take a construct approach to build on learners existing skills.
What are the Courses:
- Introduction to Essential Skills / or Aboriginal Essential Skills Journey, Planting the Seeds for Growth*
- ES Methodology and Task Analysis
- ES Assessments, Interpretation & Application
- Creating an Essential Skills Portfolio
- Bridging the Gap
- Work Experience Study
View the ESPT Certificate Program Guide for details.
* Aboriginal Essential Skills Journey, Planting the Seeds for Growth is an introductory workshop that was created to incorporate an Aboriginal World View. Download the free PDF guide and workbooks:
How do I register?
Visit the Continuing Education registration page.
What if I want to challenge a course?
ESPT courses are eligible for PLAR (Prior Learning Assessment Recognition). Please see the Prior Learning Assessment Recognition Program Guide for an overview.