The building blocks for success
- Are needed for work, learning and life;
- Are the foundation for learning all other skills; and
- Help people grow with their work and adapt to change
Essential Skills are used in every job and throughout daily life in different ways and to varying levels of complexity.
Who benefits from Essential Skills (ES)?
- Employers use ES to improve safety and productivity and help employees adapt to change.
- Educators use ES taking a construct approach that builds upon learners existing skills.
- Counsellors use ES to help with career planning and the development of realistic learning plans.
- Individuals use ES to assess and enhance their career opportunities and potential for advancement.
Hear what students say about Essential Skills: