SEED Youth Employment Program
SEED - Sustainable Employment & Environmental Directions - is a government-funded program to help unemployed youth in the lower mainland find and keep a full-time job.
Many SEED participants have limited work experience. Some are even looking to get their first job. Many are new to Canada and most have limited education, either here or from their home country. SEED participants share a common goal of wanting to improve their lives by increasing their employment skills and finding steady employment.
- Help you get into the local labour market
- Open doors to future career success
- Prepare you to contribute and support environmentally responsible practices in the workplace through integrated green education
SEED participants are paid minimum wage while attending the 5-week classroom training. Additional supports are available for transportation. To celebrate personal success, a financial bonus is paid to participants who fully complete the SEED program.
To apply for SEED you MUST be:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive)
- Unemployed and seeking FULL-TIME employment
- Out of school and not participating in another government funded training program
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or a protected person as defined by the Immigration & Refugee Protection Act
Not be in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits or have an open EI claim.
- In need of assistance in order to overcome employment barriers
PROGRAM LENGTH - 17 Weeks
- 5 weeks of classroom training
- 12 weeks of paid work experience placement with an employer
- Classroom Time | Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Pre-employment skills
- Short term occupational certificate training – can be customized
- Job search strategies and support
- Environmental responsibility education
Douglas College – New Surrey Training Centre
13769 - 104th Avenue (Beside Long & McQuade)
(10am - 12pm)
(1pm - 3pm)
|To be announced...||To be announced...|
NEXT CLASS STARTS: April 6, 2020
June 1, 2020
Please call, text or email for further information:
ARE YOU AN EMPLOYER LOOKING TO HIRE?
Employers interested in hosting a SEED participant for a 12-week work experience can complete an Application Form for the position you wish to fill and email it to email@example.com
This program is funded in part through the Government of Canada's Youth Employment Strategy - Skills Link Program