for Immigrants and Visible Minorities
Gain Canadian Work Experience through Participation in a Virtual Business and launch your Career!
The Practice Enterprise will support participants to gain Canadian work experience in a virtual or simulated business-to-business environment. Participants will take on work roles where they gain hands-on skills from selecting one of the options in Administration, Human Resources, Sales, Marketing, Accounting, or IT. They will also develop technical and soft skills, and cultural awareness and competencies to better prepare themselves to find and keep a meaningful job. The project will participate in the Canadian Practice Enterprise Network (CPEN) which provides the virtual economy through which Participants gain work experience in a no-risk environment.
WHAT is the Program?
This 12 week program offers participants the opportunity to work in a ‘simulated virtual’ enterprise to gain experience and develop the skills needed for success at work. Program services include:
- Digital & Foundational Skill Development
- Understanding Canadian Business Practices and Processes
- Occupation Specific Practices
- Expansion of Professional and Community Networks
- Job Search Strategies/ Job Placement Support
WHO is it for?
- Are recent Immigrants (within last 10 years)
- Visible Minority
- Unemployed or Precariously employed (part time, casual, seasonal)
- BC residents & Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents or Protected Persons eligible to work
HOW? Delivered in-person & Online
Clients have told us….
- They were never called for interviews before taking the PE program. Now they are interviewing and finding work.
- They gained confidence.
- PE truly is like a ‘real’ job.
- They are learning and practicing soft skills in a safe environment making them more likely to keep their jobs when hired.