IN Demand is a fully-funded Employment Skills Program that provides Skills Training and related supports to Persons with Disabilities.
By providing a supportive and systematic approach to further education, certification, and employment-ready skills, IN Demand will help participants find and keep sustainable employment.
Pre-employment services include short-term training certificates, soft skills instruction, employer resources, connections, job developer supports, and financial supports.
This program is delivered through a hybrid model, utilizing online platforms such as Blackboard and Collaborate.
Uniquely we can work in partnership with other service providers and personal support networks in a collaborative effort to support the student's needs and best interests.
WHAT is the Program?
- Career Exploration, Decision Making, and Planning;
- Disability disclosure and individual workplace accommodation planning;
- Skill Development for Success in Education and/or Work;
- Digital Skills and Microsoft Office Training; Short-term industry certification, including- not limited to Workplace Diversity Certification, Customer Service Training;
- Job Search Strategies; Connection to Employers, Jobs and Work Experience;
- Program Financial Supports (job starts and wage subsidy supports).
WHO is it for?
- Open to all ages and all BC residence regardless of income support type. (EI, Reach back, CPP-D, IA, PWD, PPMB, Other);
- Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident OR Protected Person Entitled to work in Canada;
- Applicant must self-identify as a Person with a Disability and/or has been formally assessed and diagnosed as having a disability requiring accommodation.
Begin your journey online, through Blackboard Collaborate with live virtual instruction.