Do you love helping people? Are you interested in becoming a Career Development Practitioner?
Funded by the Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction, this 20-week online Project Based Labour Market Program will prepare you for work as a Career Development Practitioner.
Training will be delivered Virtually and includes:
- Skills for Success;
- Occupation Specific Language Training;
- Career Development Practice CE Certificate;
- Diversity and Inclusion for the Workplace Certificate;
- 4 weeks in-person Work Experience.
- Personal Suitability
- Referral from WorkBC Employment Centre
- Currently in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) or have received regular EI in the past 5 years or have earned more than $2000 in insurable earnings and paid EI in 5 of the last 10 years
- BC Employment Assistance (EA) Client
- BC resident eligible to work in Canada
- CLB level 6+
- Able to receive a Vulnerable Persons Criminal Record Check
Training will take place virtually online, and 4 weeks of work experience will be in person.
JOIN AN INFORMATION SESSION to learn about the program and have all your questions answered!
Wednesdays at 3PM
~ APPLY FOR THE PROGRAM
After attending an information session to ensure you are eligible and suitable for the program, download the application form below, complete and send it back as per the application instructions with supporting documents at your earliest convenience.
You will be contacted regarding the next steps.