Douglas College > Programs & Courses > International Programs and Exchanges > Study Abroad > Field Schools > Iceland Field School
Our group of 12 students and three faculty finished their amazing program in Iceland on June 9th. Click here to see what they did!
What was the 2019 Iceland Field School?
Students earned 10 university-transferable Douglas College credits in only 7 weeks' time:
Click here for more information.
- Monday, April 29: Four weeks of classes at Douglas College
- Sunday, May 26: Group departs for Iceland
- Sunday, June 9: Program ends. Participants are free to return home, or start their personal traveling.
*subject to change
- group airport transfer, 2-way, in Iceland
- all accommodations, which are shared dormitory style
- all breakfasts and lunches
- most dinners
- admission and transportation to all program related sites
- passport and visa application costs*. To see if you need to apply for a visa to visit Iceland, click here.
- Douglas College tuition and other student fees
- mandatory travel medical insurance
- airport transfers in Vancouver
- some dinners
- personal spending
*Passports need to be valid for at least 6 months after you return to Canada. For example, if you plan to come home on July 1, 2019, your passport needs to be valid at least until January 1, 2020.
*Save the blank form first before typing.
Students registered in field school courses are opted out of the U-Pass BC Program for the semester when their field school takes place.
Applicants from other Canadian post-secondary institutions are welcome!
Make your application to Admission to Douglas College preferably before February 2019.
Faculty Kathy Runnalls - firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty Mike McPhee - email@example.com
Faculty Susan Smythe - firstname.lastname@example.org
Global Engagement, Douglas College International - Karen Ng
email@example.com; 604-527-5844; Room S2805, New Westminster Campus