Douglas College > Programs & Courses > International Programs and Exchanges > Study Abroad > Field Schools > Iceland Field School
Earn 10 university-transferable Douglas College credits in only 7 weeks' time:
For more information on this exciting program to the land of fire and ice, click here!
- Monday, April 29: Four weeks of classes at Douglas College
- Sunday, May 26: Group departs for Iceland
- Sunday, June 9: Program ends. Participants are free to return home, or start their personal traveling.
*subject to change
- group airport transfer, 2-way, in Iceland
- all accommodations, which are shared dormitory style
- all breakfasts and lunches
- most dinners
- admission and transportation to all program related sites
- passport and visa application costs*. To see if you need to apply for a visa to visit Iceland, click here.
- Douglas College tuition and other student fees
- mandatory travel medical insurance
- airport transfers in Vancouver
- some dinners
- personal spending
*Passports need to be valid for at least 6 months after you return to Canada. For example, if you plan to come home on July 1, 2019, your passport needs to be valid at least until January 1, 2020.
New Westminster Campus
Thurs. Jan. 24
*Save the blank form first before typing.
Students registered in field school courses are opted out of the U-Pass BC Program for the semester when their field school takes place.
We welcome applicants from other Canadian post-secondary institutions!
Make your application to Admission to Douglas College preferably before February 2019.
Faculty Kathy Runnalls - email@example.com
Faculty Mike McPhee - firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty Susan Smythe - email@example.com
Global Engagement, Douglas College International - Karen Ng
firstname.lastname@example.org; 604-527-5844; Room S2805, New Westminster Campus