Douglas College > Programs & Courses > International Programs and Exchanges > Study Abroad > Field Schools > Iceland Field School
*** Application deadline extended to Monday, March 11 ***
Earn 10 university-transferable Douglas College credits in only 7 weeks' time:
For more information on this exciting program to the land of fire and ice, click here!
- Monday, April 29: Four weeks of classes at Douglas College
- Sunday, May 26: Group departs for Iceland
- Sunday, June 9: Program ends. Participants are free to return home, or start their personal traveling.
*subject to change
- group airport transfer, 2-way, in Iceland
- all accommodations, which are shared dormitory style
- all breakfasts and lunches
- most dinners
- admission and transportation to all program related sites
- passport and visa application costs*. To see if you need to apply for a visa to visit Iceland, click here.
- Douglas College tuition and other student fees
- mandatory travel medical insurance
- airport transfers in Vancouver
- some dinners
- personal spending
*Passports need to be valid for at least 6 months after you return to Canada. For example, if you plan to come home on July 1, 2019, your passport needs to be valid at least until January 1, 2020.
*Save the blank form first before typing.
Students registered in field school courses are opted out of the U-Pass BC Program for the semester when their field school takes place.
We welcome applicants from other Canadian post-secondary institutions!
Make your application to Admission to Douglas College preferably before February 2019.
Faculty Kathy Runnalls - email@example.com
Faculty Mike McPhee - firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty Susan Smythe - email@example.com
Global Engagement, Douglas College International - Karen Ng
firstname.lastname@example.org; 604-527-5844; Room S2805, New Westminster Campus