Study Sport Science in Switzerland over the Summer semester!
Earn six university-transferable Douglas College credits in only six weeks:
SPSC 1318: Summer Outdoor and Alternative Environment Physical Education
Focuses on rock climbing, sailing and mountain biking
SPSC 2381: The Rise of Modern Sport and Physical Education
Compares sport, coaching and physical education history and culture of both Canada and Switzerland. Students learn about Canadian sport here. Once in Switzerland, they receive lectures on the Swiss education structure, coaching development system, and sport system.
Study four weeks here and then two weeks in Switzerland based in two different locations: Magglingen near the city of Biel/Bienne, and Tenero-Contra. Engage in experiential learning with Swiss students and those of other countries taught by world-class instructors from the Swiss Federal Institute of Sport.
View photos from the 2019 program when the group had a special visit during their lunch at the sailing centre from the Canadian Ambassador to Switzerland, Susan Bincoletto, and the co-Rector of the Swiss Federal Sports Institute, Walter Mengisen, The visit marked 10 years of a student and faculty exchange partnership between the Swiss Federal Institute of Sport, Bern University of Applied Sciences, and Douglas College.
We plan to offer a Switzerland Field School in Summer 2021. Join our contact list by emailing email@example.com to receive details on upcoming information sessions and other updates.
- $2,950 for the 2019 program based on 12 students going
- $100 off for early-bird applicants
- Payment due on the same dates as tuition fee payment
- airport transfer on arrival
- all accommodations (dormitory style)
- most meals
- program related transportation and admission costs
- Douglas College tuition and other student fees
- passport and/or visa application if necessary
- mandatory travel medical insurance
- airport transfers in Vancouver
- personal spending
*The Program Fee amount and its inclusions are subject to change.
- Application is not yet open. Get updates by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A deposit of $500 is required at the time of application submission.
- Students will be registered in the Field School's courses by Enrolment Services during the registration period for the Summer semester.
- Visit here to see if you need a visa and for information on passport validity.
- Visitors, whether they needed a visa or not, may be asked by border authorities at the point of entry to show any/all of the same documents required for a visa application:
- a return ticket or booking, or proof of transport when exiting the country
- proof of sufficient funds to cover the cost of their stay
- documentation showing social/professional status
- proof of health insurance covering a minimum of €30,000 for emergency hospitalization and repatriation expenses valid throughout the Schengen area
- proof of accommodation for the duration of their stay
- All students attending the Field School will be given a dean-issued endorsement letter prior to departure.
International Programs Awards/Scholarships
Douglas College students may be eligible for a $750 to $2,500 award/scholarship!
- maintaining a minimum 2.00 cumulative GPA
- maintaining full-time student status for a scholarship
- completion of at least nine academic credits in the 12 months prior to departure for an award
Application components include:
- a Statement of Interest
- an up-to-date unofficial transcript
- two references: one academic, one non-academic
- description of campus/community involvement activities such as volunteering, work, etc.
U-Pass BC Program
Students registered in Field School courses will be opted out of the U-Pass BC Program for the semester when their Field School takes place.
Karen Ng at email@example.com