Study in Scotland over the Summer semester!
Earn nine university-transferable Douglas College credits in only seven weeks:
- ENGL 1109: Studies in Fiction, Poetry and Drama - Faculty Jason Bourget
- HIST 1165: Health and Medicine in History - Faculty Sally Mennill
- SOCI 1155: Social Issues - Faculty Joey Moore
Study four weeks here, one week in London, then two-and-a-half weeks based at the University of Edinburgh!
Join our contact list by emailing email@example.com to receive information on when the next Scotland Field School will be offered and other updates.
- For the 2020 program: $3,900 based on 20 students going / $4,000 based on 16 students going
- $100 off for early-bird applicants
- Payment due date the same as for tuition fee payment
- airport transfer on arrival in London
- a UK public transit "Oyster Card" with £35.00 value
- shared hotel accommodation in London; dormitory accommodation in Edinburgh
- all breakfasts, some lunches
- admission to all program-related events and sites, plus others listed on Historic Scotland pass (for use on weekends)
- rail transportation on program-related trips
- Douglas College tuition and other student fees
- passport and/or visa application if necessary
- mandatory travel medical insurance
- airport transfers in Vancouver and at the end of the program in Edinburgh
- some lunches, all dinners
- personal spending
*The Program Fee amount and its inclusions are subject to change.
- Application is currently closed. Get updates by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A deposit of $500 is required at the time of application submission.
- Students from other Canadian post-secondary institutions are welcome to apply. Admission to Douglas College would also be required. Click here for information on how to apply.
- Students will be registered in the Field School's courses by Enrolment Services during the registration period for the Summer semester.
- Check if you need a visa here. Read the information carefully and follow the instructions given.
- Note: Even if you don't need to obtain a visa, the UK government advises to bring same documents you would need to apply for a visa, to show UK border officers if asked.
- All students attending the Field School will be given a dean-issued endorsement letter prior to departure.
International Programs Awards/Scholarships
Douglas College students may be eligible for a $750 to $2,500 award/scholarship!
- maintaining a minimum 2.00 cumulative GPA
- maintaining full-time student status for a scholarship
- completion of at least nine academic credits in the 12 months prior to departure for an award
Application components include:
- a Statement of Interest
- an up-to-date unofficial transcript
- two references: one academic, one non-academic
- description of campus/community involvement activities such as volunteering, work, etc.
U-Pass BC Program
Students registered in Field School courses will be opted out of the U-Pass BC Program for the semester when their Field School takes place.