Study in Iceland over the Summer semester!
Earned 10 university-transferable Douglas College credits in only seven weeks:
- GEOG 1120 - Earth Environments: Land and Water - Faculty Kathy Runnalls
- GEOG 1190 - Regional Geography of the North Atlantic - Faculty Susan Smythe
- ENGL course to be announced - Faculty Wilhelm Emilsson
Study four weeks here and then two weeks exploring Iceland led by an expert guide!
Click here to see what the 2019 group experienced!
Join our contact list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to receive information on when the next Iceland Field School will be offered and other updates.
- $4,000 for the 2019 program based on 12 students going
- $100 off for early-bird applicants
- Payment due date the same as for tuition fee payment
- group airport transfer in Iceland
- all accommodations (shared dormitory style)
- all breakfasts and lunches, most dinners
- admission and transportation to all program related sites
- Douglas College tuition and other student fees
- passport and visa application if necessary
- mandatory travel medical insurance
- airport transfers in Vancouver
- some dinners
- personal spending
*The Program Fee amount and its inclusions are subject to change.
- Application is currently closed. Get updates by emailing email@example.com.
- A deposit of $500 is required at the time of application submission.
- Students from other Canadian post-secondary institutions are welcome to apply. Admission to Douglas College would also be required. Click here for information on how to apply.
- Students will be registered in the Field School's courses by Enrolment Services during the registration period for the Summer semester.
- Visit here regarding passport and visa requirements.
- Visitors, whether they needed a visa or not, may be asked by border authorities at the point of entry to show any/all of the same documents required for a visa application:
- a return ticket or booking, or proof of transport when exiting the country
- proof of sufficient funds to cover the cost of their stay
- documentation showing social/professional status
- proof of health insurance covering a minimum of €30,000 for emergency hospitalization and repatriation expenses valid throughout the Schengen area
- proof of accommodation for the duration of their stay
- All students attending the Field School will be given a dean-issued endorsement letter prior to departure.
International Programs Awards/Scholarships
Douglas College students may be eligible for a $750 to $2,500 award/scholarship!
- maintaining a minimum 2.00 cumulative GPA
- maintaining full-time student status for a scholarship
- completion of at least nine academic credits in the 12 months prior to departure for an award
Application components include:
- a Statement of Interest
- an up-to-date unofficial transcript
- two references: one academic, one non-academic
- description of campus/community involvement activities such as volunteering, work, etc.
U-Pass BC Program
Students registered in Field School courses will be opted out of the U-Pass BC Program for the semester when their Field School takes place.
Karen Ng at firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty Wilhelm Emilsson at email@example.com
Faculty Kathy Runnalls at firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty Susan Smythe at email@example.com