Douglas College > Programs & Courses > Faculties > Science and Technology > Sport Science > Faculty > Ken Anderson
Position: Instructor and Coordinator (Bachelor of Physical Education & Coaching)
Department: Sport Science
Faculty: Science & Technology
Office #: N1330
Phone: (604) 527-5802
MPE (Memorial University of Newfoundland)
BPE (Memorial University of Newfoundland)
Exercise Physiology, Strength & Conditioning
Peer Reviewed Publications
1. Jacques, I., Hadonnic, M., Jung, J., Andersonk, KG (in progress). A muscle activation comparison between unstable vs suspension training.
2. Anderson, KG., Behm, DG., Innis, R., Jung, G. (in progress). Effect of static and dynamic warm-up duration on anaerobic performance.
3. Anderson, KG., Jacques, R., Innis, R. (in progress). Normative data analysis of core power using medicine ball throws.
4. Behm, DG., Anderson, KG. (2006). The role of instability with resistance training. Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research. 20(3), pp.716-722.
5. Carlsen, AN., Kennedy, PM., Anderson, KG., Cressman, EK., Nagelkerke, P., Chua, R. (2005). Identifying visual-vestibular contributions during target-directed locomotion. Neuroscience Letters. 384(3), pp.217-221.
6. Behm DG, Wahl MJ, Button DC, Power KE, Anderson KG (2005). Relationship between hockey skating speed and selected performance measures. Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research. 19(2), pp.326-331.
7. Anderson, K, & Behm, D. (2005). The Impact of Instability Resistance Training on Balance and Stability.Sports Medicine 35(1), pp.43-53.
8. Anderson, K., & Behm, DG. (2005). Trunk Muscle Activity Increases With Unstable Squat Movements.Canadian Journal of Applied Physiology 30(1), pp.33-45.
9. Anderson, K., Behm, D. (2004). Maintenance of EMG activity and loss of force output with instability. Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research. 18(3), pp.637-640
10. Behm, D., Anderson, K., Curnew, S. (2002). Muscle force and neuromuscular activation under stable and unstable conditions. Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research. 16(3), pp. 416-422.
1. Higgs, C., Anderson, K., Wiseman, R. (2001). Champions Don't Cheat: A manual for coaches, athletes, sports officials and teachers. International Council of Sport Science and Physical Education.
1. Identifying Visual-Vestibular Contributions During Target-Directed Gait. Canadian Society for Psychomotor Learning and Sport Psychology Conference. (2004), Vancouver, BC.
2. Maintenance of EMG Activity and Loss of Force Output With Instability, Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology (CSEP) 2003 Annual Conference, Niagara Falls, Ont.
3. Trunk Muscle Activity Increases With Unstable Squat Movements, Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology (CSEP) 2003 Annual Conference, Niagara Falls, Ont.
4. Muscle Force and Activation Under Stable and Unstable Conditions, Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology (CSEP) 2001 Annual Conference, Montreal, Que.