Supervised worksite learning sessions, also called practicums, are a vital part of the Child and Youth Care program.
Practicums help you to:
- practice your classroom learning
- gain real-world skills
- try out different settings and specialties
- gain worksite contacts
Where do I take my practicums?
Placements are located across Metro Vancouver. Placements are selected based on your interests and learning needs, subject to available sites. Examples of types of placements include:
- group homes
- transition houses
- community centres
- street programs
- government offices
- drug and alcohol programs
How long are practicums?
- full-time for a 5 week period.
- 10 hours per week over an 8 month period.