All program/module schedules will be scheduled module by module and finalized as we move forward to allow enough time for students to complete certain BCRPA to be eligible to move forward. Students are still required to complete certain requirements to be eligible to move forward with their Personal Trainer Program. Students must be available to attend all dates in the schedule (All classes are mandatory with exception).
The A to Z How to Become A Personal Trainer Program is back in-person. Registration for the September 2023 Intake is open on August 8th @ 9AM when the CE REG office opens.
There are three modules in the program:
- Fitness Theory
- Weight Training
- Personal Training
All three modules are required to be certified as a Personal Trainer with the BC Recreation and Parks Association (BCRPA).
Fitness Theory Module
Mode of instruction: In-person only
Start date: Thursday, September, 7, 2023
End date: Tuesday, October 3, 2023
Fitness Theory Module (September 2023 Intake) Schedule:
Fitness Theory Course
Thursday, September 7 (6-10pm)
Tuesday, September 12 (6-10pm)
Thursday, September 14 (6-10pm)
Tuesday, September 19 (6-10pm)
Thursday, September 21 (6-10pm)
Tuesday, September 26 (6-10pm)
Thursday, September 28 (6-10pm)
Tuesday, October 3 (6-10pm)
Fitness Theory Review Class: Thursday, October 5, 2023 (6-10pm)
*Students must be available to attend all dates in the schedule (All classes are mandatory with exception)
The cost of the IN-PERSON Fitness Theory Module is $565 (subject to change) and it includes:
- Fitness Course
- Textbook *One textbook for the WHOLE course
- In-Person Classes held at Douglas College (New Westminster Camps - ONLY)
- Online Course materials through Blackboard
- In-Person Fitness Theory Review Class (Thursday, October 5, 2023)
Registrants will be guided through the required items below but must complete on their own (NOT included in program fees):
- BCRPA Online Fitness Theory Exam ($110 + taxes payable directly to the BCRPA) – 60 multiple choose exam that students are required to get 80% or better to pass. Students who wish to be BCRPA Fitness Leader must complete and pass the BCRPA Online Fitness Theory Exam (80%+) separately on their own to receive credit with the BCRPA - students are responsible for payment for exam & any exam rewrites. All payments are to be made directly to BCRPA
- First Aid/CPR certification required by all BCRPA Fitness Leaders -students are responsible for scheduling their own First Aid/CPR Courses
1 year Fitness Student Registration with the BCRPA - $105 (cannot be purchased until the first 2 items on this list are completed) - students are responsible for registering and purchasing from BCRPA after completing the above items
*All above items must be completed after the Fitness Theory Module by the student to be eligible to move forward into the Weight Training Module of the Personal Trainer Program.*
**All 3 modules are required to be certified as a Personal Trainer with the BCRPA (BC Recreation and Parks Association)**
*All Program/Modules fees are subject to change
To register and make a payment, the following options are available
2) By email:
- Complete registration form attached and submit it to email@example.com via EMAIL. Students must register for ALL CRNs listed on the Registration Form. Please read instructions on registration form
- Once your COMPLETED registration form is submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org via email, one of our Registration Officers will reply to your email in a timely manner and provide further instructions on payment options. Please note: due to the number of email registrations being processed, there may be a delay in receiving an email from a Registration Officer.
3) Once Registration is complete an email with instructions will be sent to you on how to make your payment. Please follow the instructions in that email to make your payment for the Fitness Theory Module = $565 (subject to change). Please Note: Students are required to make their payment within 24hrs to complete their registration once receiving their instructions email from one of our Registration Officers.
**Student will ONLY receive a payment confirmation email receipt once payment is received. Registration is NOT complete until payment is received by Douglas College.
Full program information
- FULL PROGRAM COST $1,575*(subject to change) *Please note: ALL Personal Trainer Programs/Classes are now being offered IN-PERSON. For more information on In-Person course schedules Please email email@example.com Program schedules are subject to change - ONLY Registered Students will be informed by email of any schedule changes.
- Currently payments are being made in 3 installments (subject to change) and are as follows:
- At time of registration for the Fitness Theory Module: $565
- Prior to starting the Weight Training Module: $475
- Prior to starting the Personal Training Module: $535
- Student loans are unfortunately not available for this program as it is not University Transferable.
- Full refund less a $15 processing fee per module is available within 72 hours (3 business days) of the program start date. All other refunds are issued in cheque form and will be handled on a pro-rated individual basis after the start date. Textbooks already received are not refundable.
- Students (Fitness Leaders) must be 18+ years old to write the BCRPA Fitness Theory Exam.
- And best of all, you will get a tax deductible educational refund for the cost of the course, as part of tuition through the Douglas College Sports Institute.
*All Program/Modules fees are subject to change
Current intakes: in-person courses only
Students must complete certain BCRPA requirements before registering for Weight Training and Personal Training Modules.
All Personal Training Program is held in-person only - New Westminster Campus. No online option available for the Personal Trainer Program.
Special requests cannot be accommodated once the class full.
For more information on the program and/or module schedules please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming intakes: in-person courses only
ALL Program/Module schedules will be scheduled module by module and finalized as we move forward to allow enough time for students to complete certain BCRPA to be eligible to move forward. Students must be available to attend all dates in the schedule (All classes are mandatory with exception).
Please note: Starting September 7, 2021, the Personal Trainer Program will be transitioning back to in-person instruction only. The online option for the Personal Trainer Program no longer will be offered as we continue with Stage 3 of the re-opening on BC. Students will be required to attend in-person classes at the New Westminster Campus ONLY.
Students will are still required to complete certain requirements to be eligible to move forward with their Person Trainer Program.
All 3 modules are required to be certified as a Personal Trainer with the BCRPA (BC Recreation and Parks Association).