Are you an expectant parent who wants to learn about breastfeeding or chestfeeding your baby? If you want to feel confident about feeding your baby throughout this journey, then this course is for you.
Our live, online classes provide a safe space where you will learn with other parents and where questions are encouraged. You'll leave this course feeling prepared and confident to breastfeed or chestfeed your baby, and with strategies you can use if you are facing challenges.
What you’ll learn
During the live, online classes guided by a Breastfeeding Educator, you will learn,
- Myths and realities of breastfeeding or chestfeeding
- How to get breastfeeding and chestfeeding off to a strong start.
- How your body is preparing to breastfeed and chestfeed your baby.
- Ways partners can support the breastfeeding and chestfeeding parent
- What is normal neurological behavior in the newborn
- What a “normal” feeding pattern looks like
- Realistic vs unrealistic feeding expectations
- Special situations: What to do when things don’t go as expected for baby and/or for the breastfeeding and chestfeeding parent
- When, why and how to start pumping and what pumps to use
- What normal infant behaviour and what are the expected feeding patterns
- How to tell if your baby is getting enough milk and how to navigate common challenges that can come up in the early weeks.
|CRN||Course Access Dates||
6:00 pm - 8:00pm
|TBA||Jun 2nd - Jul 7th||Jun 5th, 7th & 9th|
|TBA||Jul 7th - Aug 11th||Jul 10th, 12th & 14th|
|TBA||Aug 4th - Sep 8th||Aug 7th, 9th & 11th|
|TBA||Sep 8th - Oct 13th||Sep 11th, 13th & 15th|
|TBA||Sep 29th - Nov 10th||Oct 2nd, 4th & 6th|
|TBA||Nov 3 - Dec 8||Nov 6th, 8th & 10th|
|TBA||Dec 1 - Jan 5th, 2023||Dec 4th, 6th & 8th|
Register now for Breastfeeding and Chestfeeding for Parents