Student By-Election – Education Council
A by-election is being conducted to fill ONE (1) seat for students on Education Council. The student representative will be elected from the students at large.
- A student from the Coquitlam campus is a student who is registered in 50% of their courses offered at the Coquitlam campus.
- A student from the New Westminster campus is a student who is registered in 50% of their courses offered at the New Westminster campus.
Term of office commences September 1, 2020 and ends August 31, 2021.
There are FOUR (4) Student positions on Education Council. THREE (3) positions have been filled in previous elections.
A Student is defined as “a person the Registrar recognizes to be enrolled and in good standing in a course or program of studies at the institution”.
- For the purposes of elections, a student is an individual who is enrolled in at least one credit course and in good standing at the institution.
Important Upcoming Dates
Call for Nomination Period – September 14 to September 21, 2020
Nomination Period – September 21 to October 5, 2020
Voting Period – October 8 to October 15, 2020
Each candidate is required to act reasonably, responsibly and in good faith; and shall be required to ensure they are aware of and comply with, all rules, policies and procedures of the College. Once elected to the Education Council, members are expected to act in the best interests of the institution.
During the term of office, a student member of the Education Council must:
- Maintain registration in at least one credit course at the College for at least two (2) semesters of the term of office.
- Not withdraw or be required to withdraw from the College.
For more information regarding Education Council election process please go to: