Douglas College > About Douglas > Safety, Security and Risk Management > Student Safety Tips
1. Know your Campus Security numbers and save
them in your phone:
New Westminster: 604-527-5405
Anvil Centre: 604-777-6666
Call Campus Security 24/7 in the event of an emergency. If you call 911, please also call Campus
Security to notify them of the emergency on campus.
2. 2. Know your closest emergency exits and
Evacuation maps are posted in classrooms and near stairwells and elevators.
Familiarize yourself with more than one way in/out of the building.
3. 3. Sign up for Emergency Notifications.
Subscribe to DC
Alerts to receive
important notifications regarding emergencies on campus and advisories
regarding campus closures (for example, due to heavy snowfall).
4. 4. Know the College’s Emergency Procedures.
Review all Emergency
Procedures, including the College’s Lockdown
5. 5. Report all safety hazards and incidents
to Campus Security, including behaviours
6. 6. Use the College’s SaferWalk
You can receive a security escort to the local SkyTrain station or to your
vehicle in a campus parking lot/parkade by requesting it from Security.
7. 7. If you need First
Aid, go to or call Campus Security.
8. 8. If you need someone to talk to, please
contact the College’s Confidential
New Westminster: 604-527-5486