Douglas College has two sources for internal funding, the Research Travel Fund (RTF) and Research Incentive Grants (RIGs):
What is the RTF and RIG?
Faculty can apply to the Research Travel Fund to present at conferences or similar discipline-appropriate activites or for a Research Incentive Grant to conduct a project. This funding aligns with the Douglas College Strategic Plan and includes
- Undertaking or building upon original research or scholarship
- Initiating, maintaining, or updating an individual research portfolio
- Engaging Douglas College students in research and scholarship
- Employing Douglas College students as research assistants
- Initiating collaborative research or scholarship
- Disseminating research or scholarship to other scholarly communities
- Enhancing Douglas College's international reputation
- Building research and scholarship infrastructure
Research Incentive Grant
RIG applications should be relevant to any of the following research project categories:
- emphasizes the direct involvement of students as research assistants
- involves cross-faculty, cross-disciplinary, or institutional collaborations
- involves community organizations and / or non-governmental organizations, preferably in the regions served by Douglas College
- creates opportunities for working with small or medium enterprises in the areas served by Douglas College
- requires the purchase of specialized equipment and / or implements innovative methodologies building research capacity at Douglas College
- shows clear potential for external funding and has a clear work plan for applying to funding bodies such as NSERC, SSHRC, CIHR
All applications to perform research involving human subjects must be submitted to the Research Ethics Board to ensure that ethical principles are applied.
RSAF Terms of Reference
RSAF Adjudication Committee Terms of Reference
RSAF Adjudication Committee Membership
- One elected member from each of the Faculties in the Academic Division to a total of not more than six representatives.
- Each committee member and/or Faculty must identify an alternate, at the time of initial election, to take the place of their respective committee member should he/she be unable to fulfill his/her duties.
- Each committee member will adjudicate, excluding the Coordinator, Research Innovation.
- Coordinator, Research and Innovation (non-voting).
- Support Staff as recorder (non-voting).