In the event of a power failure:
- Stay calm and remain in your area unless notified to leave the building.
- Switch off electrical equipment with manual switches and unplug other equipment to avoid power surge damage.
- Extinguish flames and switch off gas supply at a main valve in your area, as exhaust and ventilation systems may not be functioning and there may be flammable vapours in some areas.
The building has emergency power generators and lighting to assist in exiting the building. Emergency response personnel will be dispatched to assist anyone inside elevators. If you are directed to leave the building, lock your office/work area, shout to contact everyone in the area, and leave as a group. Keep comfortable walking shoes and a sweater or jacket at the College for emergency use.
Facilities Services and/or campus security will advise you of pertinent information.