Intramurals are a great way to stay active, meet new friends, build campus community, and try a variety of new sports. Both campuses have the equipment and space to offer the following sports; volleyball, basketball, table tennis (NWC only), dodge ball, soccer, and badminton.
All levels of play are welcome.
New Westminster Campus
Our New Westminster gymnasium is in high demand, however, when there is a cancellation and the gym looks to be free drop-in sports are always welcome.
Please check the New Westminster gymnasium schedule for availability.
Intramurals are now finished for the summer semester. Fall intramural schedule coming soon.
The gym is still available at times to students so check the gym schedule above, grab some friends, bring some equipment and have some fun!
BEACH VOLLEYBALL LEAGUE in July! - Sign up before the league is full! To register click here.
It’s time to celebrate summer! Put those sunnies on, take off your shoes, and dive into the sand.
Teams can consist of students, employees, and friends. Register a team now and enjoy the 4-week league just steps away from the New Westminster campus. All levels welcome!
Date: Wednesdays from July 12th – August 2nd
Time: Games will be played between 4:30pm-9:00pm.
Location: Pier Park New Westminster Quay
- Minimum 6 players, 4 must be either Douglas college students or employees. A maximum of 2 people per team may be non-Douglas College students/employees
- 2 females must be on the court at all times
- 3 sets per game (25 points per set) best of 3 sets – 40 minutes given for each game.
- Each team will play 2 games per night
- There may be a wait time of 45 minutes between games for two - three teams each week depending on the schedule
- Douglas College Code of Conduct applies. Please see A 10.02.02 Standards of Students/User Conduct on the DC website to familiarize yourself.
- Absolutely no alcohol/drug use permitted in Park
- Zero tolerance for violence, harassment and/or threats
- Pleased wear appropriate clothing (Shorts and Shirts)
- Please bring water, snacks, and sunscreen for rest periods. The college will not provide these items
- Team Registration: first come first serve - Teams that sign up first will be given priority. Sign up before the league is full!
Team Registration - first come first serve. Teams that sign up first will be given priority. Sign up before the league is full! To register click here.
All Coquitlam campus intramurals are offered at the Pinetree Community Centre (right next door to the campus) in Gym 3. Be sure to bring your student ID card and proof of current class registration for a free membership to the community centre.
Fall 2017 dates and times coming soon.
Intramurals might be over but the gym is still available to students, so grab some friends, bring some equipment and have some fun!
If you are looking for a fun way to unwind after class then come out and join us! Drop in and join a team or bring your friends to make your own.
Students and Employees welcome!
Questions? E-mail the Recreation and Wellness Coordinator
Stay connected with us on Facebook: Douglas College Recreation