Healthy living is a key factor in happiness and well-being. It also contributes to being a successful student and productive employee.
GET HEALTHY is where you'll find programs, services, schedules and everything that contributes to your overall health here at Douglas College.
Summer Beach Volleyball League: June 13, 20, 27 & July 4 // Games played between 4:30pm - 9pm
It's time to celebrate summer, put on those sunnies, take off your shoes and dive into the sand!
Teams can consist of students, employees and friends. Register a team now and enjoy the 4-week league just steps away from the New Westminster campus! All levels are welcome.
- Minimum 6 players, 4 must be either Douglas College students or employees. A maximum of 2 people per team may be non-Douglas College students/employees
- 2 females must be on the court at all times
- 3 sets per game (25 points per set) best of 3 sets - 40 minutes given for each game
- Each team will play 2 games per night
- There may be a wait time of 45 minutes between games for two - three teams each week depending on the schedule
- Team Registration: This is first come, first serve. Teams that sign up first will be given priority, so sign up before the league is full!
- Douglas College Code of Conduct applies. Please see A 10.02.02 Standards of Students/User Conduct on the DC website to familiarize yourself
- Absolutely no alcohol/drug use will be permitted/tolerated in the Park
- Zero tolerance for violence, harassment and/or threats
- Please wear appropriate clothing (shorts and shirts)
- Please bring water, snacks and sunscreen for rest periods. The college will not provide these items
Questions? Please email Jenn at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Facebook for updates regarding the weekly sport, open gym times and tournaments: Douglas College Student Life
We're going to run the league with 6 teams (max,) so if you'd like to register, visit the link below:
PAINT + BRUNCH:
Paint + Brunch is back for another installment, so come get your creative juices flowing! Students and Staff are welcome to relax, paint and enjoy some brunch. This event is all about chill vibes and vibrant colours! Located in the Fishbowl, New West campus, we'll be painting May 15, June 12 and July 10 from 11:30a - 12:30p.
Look forward to seeing you there!
We're bringing back another round of WORLD OF DANCE! Running every Wednesday from 4:30p - 5:30p in the Movement Studio, we'll also be sampling different cultural foods each week! The dates are set, but the dance "theme" may change, so stay tuned:
- Sept 26: Bhangra/Bollywood
- Oct 3: Caribbean Heat
- Oct 10: Nigerian Pop
- Oct 17: Afro-Beat
- Oct 24: Colombian
- Oct 31: Halloween Surprise
Check back for information on our ANNUAL HEALTH FAIR!
Check out previous Health Fair videos and pictures:
2014 -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YbGIE6BS2M
2015 -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aaHdTyqlaY
2016 -- https://www.flickr.com/photos/48933840@N06/albums/72157665228334301
If you have any questions, please email Anna at: email@example.com
SUMMER 2018 Fitness Class Schedules:
New West Campus --
Coquitlam Campus --
Peer Health Educators
The Peer Health Education Program is an involved team of enthusiastic, health-minded students who volunteer to provide current health and wellness information to students. The program provides opportunities for students to gain hands on experience in the field of Health Promotion, Marketing, and Event Management.
Find out more
Our fitness facility offers access to treadmills, stationary bikes, free weights, and more! Exercise and relieve stress and maintain a balanced life.
Find out more
Come out for fun or a semi-competitive atmosphere! We offer several sports at both the New West and Coquitlam campuses.
Find out more
College can be a stressful and confusing time for many students. Douglas College counsellors can assist with managing personal challenges, career planning and figuring out how to enjoy your studies and ease the pressure of college life.
Find out more